Caring for your Towels.
Keep Your Towels Feeling Newer for Longer!!
Quite often we get asked how do I get my towels to last longer?
So, to keep your towels feeling new, soft and in a new condition we recommend following the manufacturer's recommendations but sometimes this may not be an option due to tags falling off or fading.
There are a few tips that we like to give to our customers on caring for your new towels:
- Wash towels in either cold to warm (40 deg) water
- Gentle machine wash
- The occasional hot (40-60 deg ) cycle can be used as well which will remove any build-up of oils and bacteria.
- Line drying your towels in the shade is ideal to maximize softness
- When a dryer is needed, set to a medium to warm setting and ensure the towels are completely dry before placing the towels in the cupboard.
- To keep your towels feeling new we suggest that towels are washed every three to four uses as opposed to days, but this is of course a personal preference.
- Sheridan Australia recommend protecting the fibres of your towels, they recommend using a gentle eucalyptus-based washing detergent for superior colour retention, so they look beautiful for longer.
- When washing towels ensure you minimize the crowding of the towels in the machine so there is enough room for them to soak and wash correctly.
- When washing white towels avoid washing them with other colours as this may cause the colours to run into your white towels.
- Do not use bleach. Such cleaning products containing bleach should be kept separately from towels as bleach may cause discolouration.
- Steer clear the use of any fabric softeners or conditioners when washing towels as this can repel water and will effectively reduce the absorbency of your new towels.
- Avoid Dry Cleaning your towels.
How long should one expect a towel to last in good condition?
That is a tricky one because it would depend on how often it is washed used etc. Some people say they can get up to 10 years of use of their towels when investing in good quality ones whereas some others say towels should be replaced at the 2-year mark for them to keep their absorbency.
Check out our range of bathroom towels that we have available on our website.
After lots of googling, I found this site because they were the cheapest I could find online. I purchased 4 new Sheridan Trenton towels on the Sunday and was thrilled to get them within about 3 days on the Tuesday So impressed with the service from Manchester Factory and that is during a pandemic. Their communication was fantastic too. Thank you so much. I highly recommend to buy from them and I will definitely buy from them again. I'm going to buy a Trenton bath sheet for each of my kids for xmas. Best towels I have ever used as they are so luxurious. Highly recommend these towels. Thank you!
- Online customer review
- Jess Goode