The 4 Reasons to upsize your quilt.
Top 4 Reasons why you need to upsize your quilt.
At some point most of us dream of having the perfect bed that is photo-ready for social media or to look like it does in the magazine. But have you ever wondered to yourself how you get your bed to look like it was styled by a pro or how to get your bed photo-ready?
The Simple Answer: UPSIZE!
Continue reading to see the The top 4 reasons why you need to upside your quilt/doona.
- A noticeable difference when upsizing your quilt is that the bed may look a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
- A larger quilt on the bed will result in more warmth in the bed as there is less chance of the cold air entering the quilt, due to the heavier weight of the quilt
- Upsizing your quilt allows you to sleep in comfort next to your loved one or kids without the constant tug-of-war with the quilt.
- You simply have a deeper mattress that requires more coverage.
So you have now upsized your quilt read on to see some tips on how you can get the photo ready bed.
How you can style your bed like a pro
What you’ll need:
- Fitted Sheet
- Flat Sheet ( Optional)
- Pillows and Pillowcases
- Quilt Cover
- Quilt/ Doona
*Remember you will need to upsize both the quilt cover and quilt when upsizing your quilt. For example, if you have a queen we would recommend upsizing to a king quilt and quilt cover.
Steps in Create cosy bed winter-ready
- After putting on a mattress protector on the bed, get your favorite fitted on the bed, I like to ensure that the fitted sheet has been tucked under nice and tightly, this may help reduce any excess wrinkles or creases in the sheets
- OPTIONAL** If you use a flat sheet, lay it over the bed, and then I like to tuck the corners in something nice and tight, which also can decrease any wrinkles in the flat sheet.
- After putting on the flat sheet on the bed if you use one, depending on what season it is, this is where I like to create a layering with a wool blanket in winter before putting the quilt on the bed.
- When adding a quilt to the bed it should just fall evenly on both sides then simply add pillows and cushions on top of the bed for the finished look.
- Finally, I like to add either a light blanket, coverlet, or throw to the end of the bed which not only adds to the aesthetic but also practical. Sometimes when sitting in bed you just want something warm and cozy over your legs, but then can turn to an extra layer when those cold nights are here.
At The Manchester Factory, we have created the perfect bundled bedding set from our Sienna Living Bamboo Cotton Collection. Which will help you in creating the ultimate comfort for your bed.
What is a Bedding Set MIX Size?
The Sienna Living Bamboo Cotton bedding MIX sets are bundles that are perfect for those who have upsized their quilt but no longer use a flat sheet. With the bedding set, you get all the benefits of Bamboo cotton without spending money on things you may not use such as the flat sheet.
For Example In A King Mixed Bedding Set
1 x Super King Quilt Cover
1 x Mega King 50cm Wall Fitted Sheet
2 x Standard Pillowcases.
Whether you are looking to upsize your Quilt or Quilt Cover or maybe both the Manchester Factory has everything that will help create the ultimate bed of comfort that you desire and photo-ready. You Can simply shop from our website or head into our storefront in Marrickville where our dedicated staff will help you find what you are looking for.
- Jess G