Caring for Cotton Blankets
As summer has well and truly set in here in Australia it can tend to be quite warm some people choose to opt for a blanket over a heavy quilt.
Cotton blankets are a great alternative to using either a Quilt/ Doona or a Coverlet during the warmer months. Not only are cotton blankets lightweight but they are easy to care for as well.
- Gentle cycle
- Cold to warm wash (30-40deg)
- Ensure the machine isn’t overloaded
- Avoid harsh detergents.
- Use a liquid detergent without bleach or brighteners.
- Some cotton blankets may be dry cleaned however this may cause some shrinkage due to the nature of the fibres being natural.
- It is always recommended to follow the manufacturer’s instructions when washing/ drying.
- Air drying cotton blankets on a line is ideal for the longevity of the blanket.
Before using or storing the blanket ensure its completely dry to prevent mildew and dampness.
- We recommended cleaning any stains as soon as they appear (if possible), by gently soaking the blanket or simply blotting the stain when spillage is small and quiet fresh, removing the stain as soon as it happens to prevent permanently staining the blanket.
As always we would recommend following the manufacturers instructions when caring for any bedding as this ensure you keep your blankets like new for years to come.
However if you are in need of a new cotton blanket we carry a range of cotton blankets and other blankets at the Manchester factory and our committed sales team are willing to helping you discover the right product for your needs.
- Jess G